Extended Warranty Terms
Shop Tiny Houses
Last updated September 20, 2023
Several composting toilets sold by Shop Tiny Houses, are eligible for our extended warranty that protects against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for one or two years after the date of the original manufacturer’s warranty (the “Extended Warranty Period”), depending on which extended warranty (one year or two years) is purchased in accordance with the following terms:
- The rights and claims arising from this Extended Warranty are in addition to your statutory rights.
- Only the original owner of the composting toilet is covered by this Extended Warranty. The Warranty Period begins the day after the manufacturer’s warranty expires and shall end immediately upon any sale or transfer of the composting toilet to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Extended Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the composting toilet.
- The Warranty is limited to the replacement of all composting toilet parts excluding any electrical or electronic components, unless otherwise stated.
- For the Laveo by Dry Flush Waterless Toilet, all electronic components such as the fans, motor, circuit board, and push-button are warrantied from failure or defect for (3) full years from the date of purchase.
- The covered components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
This Extended Warranty Does Not Cover
- Any problem caused by any condition, malfunction, or damage:
(1) caused by defects other than defects in material or workmanship;
(2) resulting from normal wear and tear, improper installation, improper maintenance or repair, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, alteration of a part or the product, or any external cause; or
(3) to any accessories, materials, products, or parts not manufactured or supplied by composting toilet manufacturer
- Any warranty covering batteries does not include damage from use of improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Shop Tiny Houses will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- Any products sold by Shop Tiny Houses that is not a qualifying composting toilet.
Shop Tiny Houses will not replace any covered component under this warranty without first seeing photo's or video of the damaged covered component.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a damaged Covered Component under this Warranty, you must:
- Contact the Shop Tiny Houses Technical Support team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-888-467-5447 . The Technical Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your composting toilet to identify potential simple fixes.
- If the Technical Support team determines that a covered component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement covered component, the Technical Support team will also provide assistance in determining how to replace or install the new covered component into your composting toilet.
This Extended Warranty is offered by Shop Tiny Houses and not the Manufacturer.
Address: Shop Tiny Houses, c/o Support – 30 N Gould Street, Sheridan, WY, 82801, USA